C.H.I.P. Pro is
powered by GR8, a system-in-package (SiP) that was designed by Next Thing Co. GR8 features a 1GHz
Allwinner R8 ARM Cortex-A8 processor, Mali400 GPU, and 256MB of Nanya DDR3 DRAM. in a 14mm x
14mm FBGA package.
C.H.I.P. Pro is a system-on-module (SoM) that has 512MB of high-speed NAND storage flashed with our
GadgetOS. It can be powered by USB or battery, intelligently managed by the AXP209 power management
The module offers all the popular interfaces you’d expect. With two UARTs, a Two Wire Interface, a parallel
camera interface, SPI, two PWM channels, a USB 2.0 OTG, and a USB 2.0 Host, C.H.I.P. Pro is packed full
of I/O expandability. Comprehensive audio handling includes a built-in 24-bit ADC/DAC for analog audio,
One Wire Audio digital out, and I2S digital audio for interfacing with professional audio codecs.
C.H.I.P. Pro is CE, IC, and FCC part 15 modularly certified, making integration into end products easy. The
on-board Realtek 8723DS combination module provides compliant Wi-Fi B/G/N and Bluetooth 4.2 Low-
Energy connectivity. A software controlled antenna path selects between the on-board chip antenna or a
uFL antenna connector where several pre-certified antennas can be added to boost wireless
transmit and receive range.
Rated to operate between 2.9V-6V in temperatures ranging between 0 and 70 degrees Celsius and
measures 45 mm x 30 mm.
C.H.I.P. Pro is $16 in any quantity and includes custom factory flashing via Next Thing Co.’s
Gadget software tools for orders of 1000 or more. The minimum order quantity for C.H.I.P. Pro is
• ARM CortexTM-A8
• ARMv7 Instruction set plus Thumb-2 Instruction Set
• 32KB Instruction Cache and 32KB Data Cache
• 256KB L2 Cache
• NEONTM SIMD Extensions
• Jazelle RCT Acceleration
• Supports Open GL ES 1.1/ 2.0 and Open VG 1.1
• On-chip Boot ROM
• Supports NAND Flash, SPI NOR Flash, SD Card and USB OTG
NANYA DDR3 SDRAM
• In-package 256MB 16-bit DDR3 memory
• 512MB SLC NAND
• One SD/MMC Host Controllers (SMHC)
• Compatible with eMMC v4.4, SD Physical Layer Specification v2.0, SDIO Card Specification v2.0
• 1-/4-/8-bit bus width
• Supports block size of 1 to 65535 bytes
• Dedicated DMA for fast and uninterrupted data transfer
CCM – Clock Control Module
• Seven PLLs driven by a main external Oscillator and an on-chip RC Oscillator
• Supports clock configuration and clock generated for corresponding modules
• Supports software-controlled clock gating and software-controlled reset for corresponding modules
We have a PDF for the complete data sheet here if you’d like to download it.